The hosts on talk radio are going on a rant this week about the Wisconsin Badgers:
- People are getting fickle on Luke Fickell.
- They could still make it to a bowl game. They still have a chance.
- You can tell the difference between players who need to play and who want to play.
But let’s be honest. The guys on talk radio always find something to say about whichever sports team is playing. They aren’t part of the team, but they have plenty of opinions on what the team is and isn’t doing well (and what they should and shouldn’t do moving forward!).
Imagine if the talk radio hosts watched your team for a week. What might they have to say?
Your Thoughtfully Fit Reflection Workout
Tune in to the radio station talking about your team and reflect on the following questions:
- What would they say your team is doing well?
- What critique would they offer about your team?
- What would the positive pundit call in to say about your team?
- What would the grouchy grump call in to gripe about?
This is a workout in the Thoughtfully Fit practice of Stillness, or quieting the mind. There’s value in taking time for reflection to look at the big picture. Listening to the hypothetical talk radio hosts can provide a new perspective. And – depending on what you hear – you can choose to make a course correction to create a winning team!