Build your leadership skills, one week at a time
Strong leaders are essential for the success of any organization. Leadership skills can be learned, but they require practice. Do you have members of your team who are ready to take it to the next level? Or maybe some emerging leaders whose skills you want to build? If you want to give people on your team the chance to build their practical skills, improve communication, and become more effective leaders, send them to us!
You wouldn’t expect to wake up and run a marathon if you hadn’t been training. In the same way, leaders can train to be Thoughtfully Fit and build their skills with consistent practice.
- 4 in-person half-day workshops led by coach and trainer Darcy Luoma
- Challenges to help you practice specific leadership skills
- Weekly emails and videos to keep you motivated and on track
- Accountability groups to discuss challenges and successes
Expect to learn strategies to practice:
– Emotional intelligence
– Active listening
– Asking thoughtful questions
– Conducting balanced conversations
– Finding win-win solutions
– Working through differences
Meet your coach and trainer
DARCY LUOMA CPCC, MCC, BCC, ORSCC, MSOD (Master of Science in Organization Development, Graziadio School of Business & Management at Pepperdine University) served for 12 years as the Director of U.S. Senator Herb Kohl’s office and is now a full-time leadership coach and organization development specialist. She has worked in the coaching and consulting field for more than 20 years, and she is a dynamic facilitator and engaging motivational speaker. A credentialed Organization and Relationship Systems Certified Coach and Master Certified Coach, Darcy was voted Madison, Wisconsin’s Favorite Life Coach several times. She designed the UW–Madison Professional Life Coaching Certificate program and has been the Lead Instructor and/or Director of Training since its inception in 2013.
Want all the details? Here’s what you can expect each month.
- Month 1 – LEAD YOURSELF: Practice Pause–Think–Act
The series starts with an overview of Thoughtfully Fit and the core strategy of pausing for a moment, thinking about what’s going on, and then acting with intention. It builds self-leadership and emotional intelligence, and shows how to achieve greater results by focusing on your own thoughts and behaviors.
- Month 2 – LEAD WITH COACHING: Stop Solving!
This month focuses on how to make conscious choices in order to increase your impact and effectiveness. Participants will learn how to use coaching skills such as listening thoughtfully, self-managing, and asking questions to improve their interactions with others while reducing their workload and stress.
- Month 3 – LEAD WITH COURAGE: Conduct Balanced Conversations
Employees often avoid difficult conversations that could lead to greater results, or they approach conversations too aggressively and conflict ensues. This month focuses on achieving alignment and finding a “win-win” solution by building skills to convey a clear message in a way that it can be heard.
- Month 4 – LEAD DURING CONFLICT: Accept Differences
This final month analyzes different leadership styles and explores ways to accept and embrace differences. Learn the “team toxins” that show up when conflict is unaddressed (blaming, defensiveness, contempt and stonewalling) and skills that can be immediately used to effectively resolve conflict in any situation.
What’s the investment?
Participants will get all this great content delivered by Darcy Luoma, along with weekly motivational videos and accountability groups. Prices vary depending on group size and other factors. Please CONTACT US to discuss your needs and get more details on options and pricing. This series is an affordable way to get coaching and training for your whole team.
What are the benefits for your organization? Participants will learn to…
- Act thoughtfully – intentionally and mindfully of self and others
- Increase their leadership skills and effectiveness
- Improve productivity and creativity
- Take ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Find greater job satisfaction and work-life balance
- Communicate better with others
- Create an environment with less blame or judgment
- Engage in difficult conversations in order to resolve or even prevent conflict
- Create or strengthen teams that work together to solve problems and identify opportunities
Ready to sign up?