Seasoned leadership coach specializes in sustainable behavior change and the development of presence and resiliency.
- Life and Leadership Coaching
- Habit Change/Behavior Change
- Mentoring & Adult Education
- Program Development & Evaluation
Darcy Luoma Coaching & Consulting, LLC, 2016–Present
- Certified Professional Coach
University of Wisconsin, Professional Life Coaching Certificate Program, September 2017–Present
- Assistant Instructor
Presence-Based Leadership Development and Coaching, 2015–Present
- Mentor Course Instructor and Mentor Coach
Sharon Barbour Coaching, 2006–Present
Owner of Life & Leadership Coaching Business
- Coach individuals to move past old limits, build competencies and change crucial habits in order to achieve meaningful goals and create greater satisfaction
- Develop and facilitate workshops and coaching groups
University of Wisconsin Cooperative Extension, 2001–2002
Public Health Evaluation Specialist
- Developed training materials and taught best practices in youth tobacco prevention and program evaluation to community tobacco control coalitions
- Provided outreach and support to community coalitions
- Edited newsletter written for coalition members and others in tobacco control
The Evaluation Center, Western Michigan University, 1998–2000
Evaluation Project Manager
- Managed the evaluation of a $34 million per year national education program of the National Science Foundation
Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) of Kalamazoo, 1998–2000
Women’s Health Program Director
- Authored two successful grants to initiate women’s health programming.
- Built collaborative relationships among local community and health care organizations.
- Developed, implemented and evaluated a wellness program for breast cancer survivors.
- Consulted in the development and evaluation of a program to increase early breast cancer detection among African American women.
Education and Training
- University of Michigan – Master of Public Health, Health Behavior and Health Education. Recipient of Continuing Education of Women scholarship for academic achievement and innovation
- Eastern Michigan University – Bachelor of Science, Environmental Science & Design, Summa Cum Laude
- Presence-Based® Leadership Development & Coaching – Graduate
- Coach for Life – Graduate
Certifications & Affiliations
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) Certification through International Coach Federation
- Certified Presence-Based Coach
- Active Member, International Coach Federation (ICF), ICF Mentor Group and Wisconsin Chapter of ICF
Community Involvement & Volunteering
- After school garden program volunteer. Leopold Elementary School. Work with Kindergarten through Second-graders in the school garden. 2017–2017.
- Volunteer Coach and Coach Training Facilitator. One-to-One Women Coaching Women, a non-profit providing free coaching to women with low incomes. 2014–2016.
- Initiator and facilitator. Simplicity Circles, Earth Holders Project. Madison, WI. 2012–2014.
- Classroom Volunteer. Madison Metropolitan School District, Madison, WI.