I see potential everywhere, and my passion is helping others reach that potential! Working with people and teams to communicate more effectively, design and execute action plans, and navigate conflict in a positive way is what I absolutely love. I combine my extensive professional training with more than 25 years of practical experience. There is nothing quite like working the front lines as Director for a U.S. Senator to help you learn a few things about communication and conflict resolution! I’m comfortable everywhere from a powerful one-on-one to a corporate meeting to a stage introducing Elizabeth Edwards to a crowd of thousands.
After coaching hundreds of clients, teams, and organizations, I’ve discovered tools that work in any situation. By posing powerful questions, providing specific content and techniques, encouraging reflection, and breaking large goals into manageable steps with designed accountability, my clients achieve tremendous success, including promotions, higher performance, exceeding goals, and successfully navigating challenging transitions.
I believe your use of self is the most important tool you have to make a positive impact in the world. As such, I am always looking to increase my self-awareness, build my toolkit, shift my mindset, and strengthen my skills. And I love bringing that spirit of learning to all the teams and organizations with whom I work. I want to help them explore the possibilities that exist and then make a plan to go to the next level.
I am a dedicated lifelong learner. Okay, a self-help junkie. I am continually studying the best ways to develop strong leaders, create high-performing teams, and transform organizational cultures. As such, I regularly have three (or ten!) books on my nightstand, I attend professional conferences and webinars more often than I go to the movies and have more degrees and certifications than shoes.
I am a fully-committed partner in helping my clients to achieve their goals. I would love the opportunity to connect to see if we’d be a good fit to work together!
- University of Wisconsin–Madison – Director of Professional Life Coaching Certificate (PLCC) program
- International Coach Federation (ICF) – Master Certified Coach (MCC), Active Member and Registered Mentor Coach
- Center for Credentialing & Education, Inc. (CCE) – Board Certified Coach (BCC) with speciality designation as Executive/Corporate/Business/Leadership Coach
- Coaches Training Institute (CTI) – Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC)
- CRR Global – Organizational and Relationship Systems Certified Coach (ORSCC) to work with teams and couples
- Institute of Coaching Professional Association (ICPA) – Member of ICPA at McLean Hospital, a Harvard Medical School affiliate
- Brava Magazine – Voted Madison, Wisconsin’s Favorite Life Coach, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Isthmus – Voted Madison, Wisconsin’s Favorite Life Coach, 2012-2013
- International Coach Federation–Wisconsin – Active Member and Former Board of Directors
- United States Senate – Director for 12 years
- White House – National Advance Staff
- Wisconsin Governor – Deputy Transition Director
- Public Policy Research Non-Profit – Senior Education Outreach Specialist
- Leadership Institute – Coordinator and Lead Facilitator
- Hallatt Consulting Group – Consultant and Motivational Speaker
Community Service and Professional Organizations
- National Speakers Association – Professional Member
- Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce – Member
- Madison Area Business Consultants (MABC) – Member
- Consulting for Organizational Reflection and Effectiveness (CORE) – Founder’s Circle
- Wisconsin Women in Government (WWIG) – Scholarship recipient, Past president with keynote speaker Elizabeth Edwards, banquet chair with keynote speaker Hillary Rodham Clinton, and board member
- Greater Madison Federal Agency Association (GMFAA) – Active participant and award-winning committee member
- TEMPO – Active member since 2003 of this professional organization of women in executive and leadership positions
- Wisconsin Women’s Network
- Madison Organization Development Squad (MOD Squad)
- Organization Development Network (ODN)
- Association for Training and Development (ATD) – South Central Wisconsin Chapter
- Wisconsin Institute for Learning Disabilities/Dyslexia, Inc. (WILDD) – Advisory Committee Member
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) – Greater Madison Area Chapter
- Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management – Masters of Science in Organization Development (MSOD), Master’s Thesis on the Impact of Life Coaching on Overall Life Satisfaction
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, La Follette School of Public Affairs – Public policy graduate seminar graduate
- University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire, Bachelor of Science – Double major in Mathematics and German with teaching degree
- Landmark Forum – Chicago, Illinois
- Mom –To two spunky, challenging, confident, fun-loving daughters
- Triathlete –Competed in triathlons every year since 1998, including multiple sprint, olympic, half-ironmans, marathons, and a full Ironman
- Small Business Administration – Certified Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- 20 years experience – Facilitating, coaching, training, motivational speaking and consulting in small businesses, universities, non-profits, and corporations throughout the United States, China, France and Mexico
- And before that…Rollerblade Demo Team instructor, corn detassler, photographer’s assistant, babysitter, house cleaner, camp counselor, resident assistant, secretary, office manager, dishwasher, raspberry picker, peer counselor, mathematics tutor, dormitory front desk worker, apple picker, lawn mower! Not even kidding.